Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lime Cottage Cheese Salad

This is a vintage recipe, a family recipe and a Mennonite/Amish recipe.
My mother made this when I was a child...... and continued to make it as my sister and I grew older.
I remember it during the holidays, any holiday.... Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter. It's definitely a Mennonite Funeral recipe too!

1 (3oz.) package of lime jello
1 C boiling water
2 C miniature marshmallows
pinch of salt
1 (9oz.) can of crushed pineapple
2 C cottage cheese
1 C whipping cream, whopped
1/2 C chopped pecans

The directions aren't clear as to what to make it in. I remember my mother making it in a bundt pan , some type of mold or a clear glass bowl... you pick!

Dissolve jello in boiling water
Add marshmallows, let them melt
Stir in salt and pineapple
Chill until slightly thickened
Fold in cottage cheese , whipped cream and nuts.
Pour it into your favorite bowl or bundt pan
Chill in the refrigerator until set.

Enjoy! Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment