Thursday, January 31, 2013

Texas Brittle !

This is a great treat to have at a party. It's not really a recipe. I created it by putting together some interesting Sweet and Salty ingredients to make a snack.

Miniature Pretzels (I sometime use Pretzel Sticks)
Corn Chips
Milk Chocolate Chips
Pecans, roughly chopped
Sea Salt
Cayenne Pepper

1- Rimmed Sheet Pan lined with Parchment Paper.

This is a recipe, without a recipe....... wow!
that sounds easy!


A few handfuls of everything and as much melted chocolate as you like,  based
on the amount of everything else you use.


Spread Pretzels in a single layer on the lined sheet pan
Top with Corn Chips.
Melt Chocolate and drizzle over the Corn Chips, I use a fork .
Immediately sprinkle with Pecans, Sea Salt and  Cayenne Pepper. (I have my Cayenne Pepper in a salt shaker to make it easier to sprinkle on the brittle)
Place in the freezer until the Chocolate hardens.
It took about an hour and then I made another batch.
Break into pieces and serve.









Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment