Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Strawberry Clafoutis Cake

One of my favorite recipes , and a Best of the Best Recipe is my Blueberry, Blackberry Cornmeal Cake.
I wrote on the recipe that any Berry combination would work and that I use Cranberries for Thanksgiving.
Strawberries would also work in this recipe.
The recipe is on the Blog.

I also am a fan of the French, Cherries Clafoutis.
I have been researching Clafoutis Recipes and I also have my favorites.
I've also read that there are many people that expect a cake like texture when they first taste a Clafoutis, instead of the typical custard texture. I really don't mind the texture of the custard consistency.

I began experimenting with a cake like batter, less liquid, which gives the Clafoutis the same look, but a more dense, almost poundcake like texture.

So here is my Strawberry Clafoutis Cake:

1/2C Butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
1 egg
2 TBS Heavy Cream
1 tsp Almond extract
1 C all purpose Flour
3 C of halved Strawberries.

In the Bowl of a Stand Mixer, on High, beat together the Butter and Sugar until very well combined and the Sugar has had a chance to break down.

Reduce the Speed to Medium and add the Egg, Heavy Cream and Almond extract and continue mixing.
Gradually add the Flour, just until well combined and the Batter is moist.

Pout the Batter into a 1 quart Oval Dish greased with Pan Release ( recipe is on the Blog under Tips, Hints and More!
Arrange the Strawberries on top and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment