Thursday, January 10, 2013

1968! Peace and Love !

1968! Peace and Love!

I was a 60's child.

I spent the summer of 67' hanging out at the beach, earning money by painting flowers on people and flowers on rocks.

I wrote poetry and loved all of the music of the 60's.
I ate Granola and Zucchini Muffins and Organic food and at one time I worked at a shop called The Village Green in Birmingham, Michigan.

We made candles and soap and we macraméd clothing, plant hangers and door coverings for our dorm rooms or wherever we lived.
We played guitars and the piano and sang songs of freedom.

I graduated from High School in 1968 and I started College in 1968. It was a very eclectic time in the world.
I didn't care what color you were , where you came from or what religion you practiced. I believed that we should love all people from all parts of the world.

I was a care free spirit and I wanted nothing more, in the world , than to have everyone live in Harmony and Peace!

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer and I spent time living and backpacking around Europe which gave me an opportunity to embrace people and cultures that I had never experienced before.

I loved to cook and I learned about food in other cultures.
Today I had a flashback to the 60's and I began researching and writing recipes that I remembered back in the days of Health Food and Organic Food.

I will post them soon.............
until then,









Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment