Sunday, January 6, 2013

5 Cent Chocolate Candy Bar Pie ?

5 Cent Chocolate Candy Bar Pie:

Another of the archived recipes from my Aunt. ( I am definitely going to try this one after I research the size of the candy bars) I haven't checked yet....... I'll add a note if I find out.

Note: Apparently the recipe was well known, there are many variations of the recipe. It looks like the size was 1.5 oz / 43G.
A variation was definitely made with the Almond Bar, I will probably do that

I'm trying to figure out if that 5 cent chocolate candy bar was as simple as a Hershey's candy bar.
It states that you can make it with plain or almond.
It doesn't state the size, maybe there was only one size in those days.

So, here's the recipe:

5 - 5 cent Chocolate Candy Bars, plain or almond
16 - full sized Marshmallows
1/2 C Milk
1 C whipped cream ( about 2/3 of a 1/2 pint bottle of Heavy Cream) I find this amusing!
1/8 tsp salt
1 - 8" shell, either cracker or crum pastry.  (Do you think it was Graham Cracker)?, I don't know!

Melt Candy Bars, Marshmallows and Milk in the top of a double boiler.
Add salt and fold in Whipped Cream.

Fill the Pie Shell and garnish with Slivered Almonds.
Chill thoroughly.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment