Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cooking this weekend, and Quilting!

I've been busy and it takes time to keep up with a blog. For those that don't know me, I'm also a Quilter and I have a piece that was just accepted for an art exhibit in February. The piece isn't completed (my quilting friends will totally understand this) so I'll  be very busy this weekend. I have to turn it in at the end of the month.

We went out of town last weekend, but I was inspired to add some new posts.
We went to Kansas to visit family.

My wife grew up on a Mennonite Farm and the neighboring countryside has many Amish Farms.
We go to an Amish Bulk Food store to stock up on products for the pantry.
I bought all of the ingredients to make my 70's Granola, so that will be made this weekend. I'll share photos.

We also stop at our favorite Diner in Oklahoma and I have a story to share about a Pie we ate there for the first time and how it's connected to one of my favorite pastry chefs in New York City.
I'll write about that this weekend and post the Pie recipe.

We get together with family when we're in Kansas and meals are an important part of the visit.
My wife, my mother in law and sister's in law are excellent cooks, we could easily create a family cookbook.
This time we had some incredible soup that was not homemade but purchased, that doesn't make it any less important to blog about. I was able to research several soup recipes and came up with my own, I'll post that too.

It's always a good time when we spend it sharing family memories and food!

It will be a very busy weekend of cooking and quilting!

More to come..........






No comments:

Post a Comment