Saturday, May 23, 2015

Tropical Fruit Salad

This recipe is part of my All American Picnic recipes post. I respoted it as an individual recipe to share.
The recipe is very forgiving and you can certainly customize it.
See NOTE below.


Tropical Fruit Salad:

2 Ripe Bananas, sliced
4 Kiwis, sliced, 1 C
1 Papaya, diced, 1C
Pineapple Chunks, 4C
Mango, diced, 2C
Coconut, fresh grated, 1C ( I used chipped Coconut. it looks better)
Seedless Grapes, halved. Add as many or as few as you like.
2 peeled sectional Oranges

Mix the fruit together in a container and top with the following dressing:

1/4 C Coconut Milk (it comes in a can and it has the consistency of Sweetened Condensed Milk) You shouldn't be able to shake it like the liquid Coconut Milk. It's thick, but there's liquid on the bottom. It separates. I only use the thick creamy part that rises to the top. You can remove it from the can and whip the top to create a great whipped Coconut cream. It can be used a dip for fruit. You can also put it all in a bowl and whip it together with the liquid. It's very versatile.
1 TBS Fresh Key Lime Juice
1TBS Fresh Lemon Juice

NOTE:
I cut all of my fruit the size of the pineapple chunks, except for the Bananas. I added the sliced Bananas just before serving.
I added an entire Papaya, which was more than 1 C.
I added 3 additional Kiwis.
I used 2 Mangoes
I added additional Coconut.
I did not increase the recipe of the Dressing.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment