Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lemon Ice Box Pie


I was going to dedicate an entire post to Ice Box Pies. I posted one for Strawberry and then I got busy and then I had this one in a folder, so I decided to post it, and now I'm tired. Anyway, here's my favorite Lemon Ice Box Pie recipe. You can search the one for Strawberry Ice Box Pie.
I may add other recipes later.

Lemon Ice Box Pie:

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
1 - 9" Springform Pan. Wrap the bottom and sides with heavy duty foil.


14 Graham Crackers
1/4 C Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
6 TBS Butter, melted
2 - 14 oz. cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/4 C Lemon Juice
2 TBS Lemon Zest
8 Large Egg Yolks

Homemade Whipped Cream to garnish each slice!


In a Food Processor:
Graham Crackers
Sugar
Salt
Process until crushed but not powdered.

Add:
Butter
Pulse until the crumbs are just moistened.
Press onto the bottom and up 2/3 of the side of the pan.
Place on a Sheet Pan and set aside.

In a mixing bowl:
Milk
Lemon Juice
Whisk well.

In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer:
Egg Yolks
Lemon Zest
Beat until pale yellow.
Add the Milk mixture and continue beating until smooth.
Pour into the Crust.
Bake 25 minutes.

Remove the pan to a rack to cool for 1 hour.
Cover with Plastic Wrap and Freeze overnight.

When you're ready to serve:
Remove the foil.
Wrap a damp, warm kitchen towel around the pan.
Open the ring and release the Pie.
Slice the Pie with a warmed Chef's knife to serve.

Top with Whipped Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment