Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Hippy in the Kitchen's Food Journal of our vacation in France and England!

We just returned from a 6 week journey throughout France, London and Windsor.
This is a lengthy post, there are 81 pictures.
As a Food Blogger, I photographed all of the amazing food that we experienced.
We have many friends in France that welcome us into their homes so we are fortunate to be able to experience home cooked meals.
Occasionally we ate at restaurants and those dishes are included in this journal.
I did not write about any of the dishes but if any readers have questions, you can send them to me in the comments section of the blog. I described some of the dishes.
I hope you enjoy the photographs.

I'm planning to post some recipes based on some of these dishes that we had.
I became obsessed with Clotted Cream in England. I learned how to make it and I'll post it on the Blog.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




These were made by a friend of ours in Provence.
Homemade Vegetarian stuffed Grape Leaves.

One of the many delicious Tartines from Le Pain Quotidien in France and England.
It's one of our favorite restaurants in France, England and the States.


From our friends in France. We're going to start cutting our Pizza
with kitchen shears.


A sample of some amazing food from a great chef in Provence.
He's hoping to receive his first Michelin Star. The food was simply incredible and creative.


Another example of "Cafe Gourmand" dessert.


Madeleines from Normandy, France

I am obsessed with Clotted Cream. I photographed this at
Kensington Palace. I was sitting in the outdoor Cafe while my
wife walked the gardens.
I learned how to make Clotted Cream and I'm posting the recipe
on the Blog.







The biggest Artichokes we have ever seen. Our friends in France
serve them with Hard Boiled Eggs and Homemade Aioli and steamed Asparagus Spears.
We had this meal many times.





Soup au Pistou, the traditional summer soup from Provence.
We had this many times.

Saint Tropez Cake......... made by a friend in Provence.

Homemade Green Olive Tapenade made by a friend.



This is one recipe that I will re create. Our friend made it in Provence.
It's a delicious and simple Cream of Zucchini Soup.











We had two amazing soups and I'm not sure if this one is
Gazpacho or Beet Root and Coriander.
The color was amazing in both recipes.



Our friend made these Potato Galettes.


Nutella Crepes.



We stayed with friends that live 1 block from the beach in Normandy.
We went out early one morning to look for Clams and Mussels.

After an early morning of gathering Clams on the beach, our friends made lunch
for everyone. Of course, as a vegetarian, I simply enjoyed the process.

One of my missions was to visit Pierre Marcolini in Paris.
I checked that off my list.

We returned home and enjoyed these Chocolates from Marcolini in Paris.
Served with a cup of Espresso.

The latest Pastry trend in Paris, fancy Eclairs!










Our friends in Provence make the best "Frites."

Cafe Gourmand. This is a brilliant dessert choice on many restaurant menus
in France.
You get an Espresso and a sampling of the restaurants desserts of the day.

The traditional French Tart Tatin.







Vegetarian version of British Fish and Chips in London.
Made with Haloumi Cheese.
I have this whenever I find it on the menu in England.

On a cold and rainy London day, Le Pain Quotidien serves this
homemade Hot Chocolate.




"Cream Tea", a menu item served in London and Windsor, in the afternoon.
A Pot of Tea, "Fruit" Scones (Raisins) with Clotted Cream and Strawberry Preserves.
We had this every afternoon.

Mushroom Gratin Crepe.

Mushroom Risotto.

These were the Mushroom Crepes under that amazing
Cream Sauce in the Gratin Dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment