Saturday, August 1, 2015

Raspberry Rosé Sangria

I have a couple of recipes for my favorite Sangria. I still believe that my original recipe is the best I've ever tasted. I also have a recipe for White Sangria and it's really good. They're both on the Blog.
I recently came across this recipe for a Rose Sangria and I have to admit, I like this one too.
I haven't tried it yet, but I will.
We recently spent 6 weeks in Europe and 5 of those were in France.
The latest wine trend in France, for the summer, is Rose Wine served with a bowl of ice cubes.
I've never seen ice served with wine in the past 45 years of traveling to France.
I have to admit that with the temperatures in Provence soaring close to 100 degrees, it makes perfect sense.
I tried it last night, here in the States at our local French Bakery. they too, were a bit surprised, but they finally understood after I explained the story.
So........ we were also able to find the same wine from Aix en Provence here in Texas, that we had in Provence.
It's a small world after all.......... now try to get that song out of your head and make some Sangria!



Raspberry Rosé Sangria

1 1/2 C Fresh Raspberries
1/4 C of Framboise Raspberry Liqueur
1- 750 ml. bottle of Chilled Dry Rosé Wine
The Juice of 1/2 Lime
The juice of 1/2 Lemon
San Pellegrino Sparkling Aranciata Mineral Water.
Ice

In a large glass Pitcher:
Raspberries, lightly crush them.
Framboise
Wine
Lime Juice
Lemon Juice
Stir well and refrigerate until chilled.
Serve over Ice
Add a splash of San Pellegrino to each serving.




Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!






No comments:

Post a Comment