Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pumpkin Pie Croissants

I realize that we're in the hottest part of the summer in Texas, but I always start planning holiday decor and holiday recipes early. I recently discovered these Croissants and I'll make them for breakfast during the entire holiday season, Thanksgiving and Christmas. These would be nice on Christmas morning with a good cup of coffee.  I love Pumpkin Pie and I have a recipe that I make every Thanksgiving, made with fresh pumpkin. After I made it the first time, it's the only Pumpkin Pie recipe I make. This recipe will probably end up another Best of the Best Recipe in my collection. I researched several versions of these and I think the original one from Pillsbury is the best.











Pumpkin Pie Croissants

1 - 8oz. package of Cream Cheese, softened
1 - 15oz. can of Pumpkin, about 2 cups.
1 - 14oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 TBS Flour
2 TBS Cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 C finely chopped Pecans
4 - 8oz. packages of Pillsbury refrigerated Crescent Rolls
Granulated Sugar

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1 - Sheet Pan lined with Parchment Paper.

Unroll the Crescent Rolls and separate them.

In a medium mixing bowl:
Cream Cheese
Pumpkin
Milk
Flour
Cinnamon
Pumpkin Pie Spice

Mix well with a Blending Fork. ( This step is important, I've made them by mixing it with an electric mixer and the batter is too this. The mix needs to be thick and spreadable.) That's why the Cream Cheese has to be at room temperature and spreadable before adding the other ingredients.

Spread 1 1/2 TBS of the filling evenly over each triangle of dough.
Evenly sprinkle some chopped Pecans over the filling.
Roll each piece of dough beginning at the widest end to form the Croissant.

Sprinkle the top of each roll with a bit of granulated Sugar.
Bake for 11 - 13 minutes until golden brown.


NOTE:
Another option is 1 TBS of Nutella topped with Chopped Pecans.
(I refrigerate the Nutella before making these)
Dust with Confectioner's Sugar to serve.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment