Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tart Pan Brownies Baked with a Chocolate Chip Cookie on top.

I recently saw a recipe from a very well known Bakery in New York City for these Cookie Brownies.  Their recipe was totally made from scratch and I understand that, when it's a well known Bakery. For the average baker, I put together this easier version that is virtually the same. I did some research and discovered that it was probably and adaptation from a Betty Crocker recipe. I usually do a lot of research before posting some recipes, to find out the origin or to adapt several recipes and create my own.
This recipe is an adaptation of two.
This is not an exact recipe so you can use any Brownie Mix, any Chocolate Chips Cookie Dough recipe and any pans you may already have, including muffin tins.

NOTE:
Now that I've made these, here's my recommendation. Use a straight sided tin, even a Muffin Tin would work well. The Bakery recipe uses individual 4" Pie Tins and I like that idea too. As you can imagine, these were difficult to release. But, they are delicious!
And, I highly recommend using the Pan Release Mix to grease the pans.








This is just another Tart Pan option.




Tart Pan Brownies Baked with a Chocolate Chip Cookie on top.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4" Pie Tart Pans, sprayed with a vegetable oil cooking spray or brush them well with the Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

1 Box (1lb. 2.4oz.) Betty Crocker Original Supreme Premium Brownie Mix. Make batter according to package directions.

1 Pouch (1lb. 1.5oz.) Betty Crocker Chocolate Cookie Mix. Make dough according to package directions.

Fill each Tart Pan just under 1/2 full. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
Refrigerate the Cookie Dough for 3 hours.

Use a Cookie Scoop to create Cookie Dough Balls. Flatten each one in the palm of your hand into a disk, just smaller that the diameter of the Tart Pan.
Gently press it into the Brownie Batter.

Bake 20 - 25 minutes. (We baked the first pan for 14 minutes) Just check them and you can tell when they're done. Baking time will vary according to the size of your pan.

Remove the pan to a rack to cool completely.

Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!







No comments:

Post a Comment