Friday, February 21, 2014

Terry's Original Sangria Recipe


Summer is coming, I know you may not feel it now as I repost this recipe on Feb. 21, 2014, but when it arrives, be ready to serve your guests this Sangria.
It' truly the best.
I've only shared this original Sangria recipe with a few of my closest friends. It's definitely one of my favorites and a Best of the Best......
Now I'm sharing it with the world!
I was never pleased with any Sangria  I had purchased in a bottle or had been served in a restaurant, so I created my own.
I'm posting the pictures from one of my 3 books that I started in 1974 to show that I truly do create and re- create recipes.
I had to re write this recipe because it became difficult to read the original copy.
I make mine in a large stainless steel pasta pot and refrigerate it before serving.

This is the drink dispenser I make it in.

This is 1 recipe.


Terry's Original Sangria!

5 TBS Sugar
2 Oranges( squeeze one, wedge one)
2 C Orange Juice
3 C Apple Juice
1 bottle (4 liters or 13-1/2 C) Burgundy Wine
1/2 C Brandy
1/2 C Triple Sec
3 cans of Squirt or 36 oz or (4 1/2 C)  ( only Squirt).

Mix all of the ingredients well and serve over ice.

NOTE:
I've figured out that if I mix the 2 C of Orange Juice with the Sugar, in a Jar the night before, the Sugar will be completely dissolved and it's mixed better. Shake well before adding!

You can add fruit to the pitcher. I add lemon, lime and orange slices.

I generally triple it for a party!



Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment