Monday, February 17, 2014

Oven Roasted Asparagus with a Dijon Mustard Sauce

This is a simple way to enjoy fresh asparagus.
We learned to eat asparagus and hard boiled eggs for the first time at our friends house in the South of France. I've included my recipe for a sauce that we love. France was the first place I had ever seen asparagus growing and I have an asparagus plant in my garden.
I buy a bag of fresh asparagus and lay it in a single layer in a large roasting pan.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and any type of garlic seasoning blend.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the asparagus for 15 minutes.
Cool on the sheet pan  before serving.

I serve the asparagus with Hard boiled eggs and a Dijon Mustard Sauce.
In a small bowl:
1/2 C Mayonnaise
2 TBS Dijon Mustard
2 TBS Water
1 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black pepper
Mix well and serve







Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment