Friday, February 21, 2014

Banana Pudding


Just another Best of the Best Recipe from my recipe file box.

Who would think that a recipe for Banana Pudding would be on a food blog!

I've had the fortunate opportunity to travel the world extensively and I've enjoyed trying new foods in every place I've visited. I've even visited a banana plantation on the island of St. Lucia.

In 1987, I had a friend that shared a family recipe for Banana Pudding.
It was the best Banana Pudding I had ever eaten in my life!

This is a Best of the Best recipe.

I've never shared this one with anyone, until I started my blog, so I hope you try it.

Cream Cheese Filling:
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened.
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla

Custard:
3 eggs
3/4 C sugar
1 TBS flour
1 C whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 box of Vanilla Wafers
6 Bananas (sliced)

Beat cream cheese until creamy
Add condensed milk,lemon juice and vanilla, continue beating until well combined.
Refrigerate this mixture

Beat eggs, sift dry ingredients and add milk and vanilla.
Place in a double boiler and cook until thick, whisking constantly. This may take as much as 45 minutes on medium high heat.

In a plain glass bowl or a fancy trifle dish:

Begin with a layer of sliced bananas
A layer of Vanilla Wafers
A layer of Custard
All of the cream cheese mixture
A layer of sliced bananas
A layer of Vanilla Wafers
A final layer of Custard
Refrigerate and serve chilled!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment