Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Corn Maque Choux / Emeril Lagasse


Another Corn dish, just can't get enough. There are many recipes for this Cajun dish. I like this one the best. I've tried to find a translation. I speak French and I know that Choux is Cabbage, I have no idea what Maque means or what Cabbage has to do with a Corn dish, oh well, it looks good! This recipe comes from Emeril Lagasse.

2 TBS (1/4 stick) butter
4 C corn (6 ears)
1 C diced onion
1 C diced red pepper
1 TBS minced jalapeno
2 tsp Cajun Spice (recipe to follow)
1 tsp salt
1/2 C heavy cream

Heat a 10" cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
Melt butter
Reduce heat to medium
Add:
corn
onion
bell pepper
jalapeno
spice
salt
Cook for 10 minutes, stirring
Add cream , stir well and cook 2 minutes
Serve hot


Cajun Seasoning:

2 1/2 TBS paprika
2 TBS salt
2 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS onion powder
1 TBS cayenne pepper
1 TBS dried oregano
1 TBS dried thyme
1 TBS black pepper

Mix all ingredients in a jar, shake well and store in the pantry.
I always have a jar available.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment