Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nutty Cereal Bars

Nutty Cereal Bars

Here's another example of a vintage American Recipe. You can tell by 2 of the ingredients. Team flakes are no longer made and Oleo was so popular as a substitute for butter.

I'll substitute another cereal for the Team Flakes and use Butter instead of Oleo.
This was sent to me by my sister in law and she was going through more of my mother in law's recipes.
The name on this is my wife. She said she used to make these when she was teaching in the early 70's. This recipe was done on a mimeograph machine..... who remembers those?
She has a collection of these recipes that they shared when she was teaching.

I love recipes like this that could tell a story if they could talk!




1C light corn syrup
1C sugar
1C chunky peanut butter
1/4 C (1/2stick) butter

Combine syrup and sugar in a saucepan on low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the next two ingredients and stir until smooth.

Add mixture to the following, in a large bowl:

2 C Rice Krispies
4 C Team Flakes ( today I would use Kellogg's Product 19  or any other 4 grain flake cereal, corn, oats, rice wheat).
1 C salted peanuts

Pat into a greased jelly roll pan.
Chill until set and cut into squares.

Enjoy!
Peace in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment