Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hornet's Nest Cake from Heather Likes Food

As a Food Blogger I follow a lot of other Food Blogs. I recently discovered this recipe on another blog called, Heather Likes Food.
With Thanksgiving only a week away I felt that I should share this recipe. It's almost a Dump Cake which is one of the easiest and most delicious desserts to prepare for a crowd. At the end I added my own option. If you're looking for another crowd pleasing dessert, this one might be it.

Hornet's Nest Cake:

1 ( 3.4 oz.) box of Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 C Whole Milk
1 (18.25oz.) Yellow Cake Mix
1 (11oz) bag of Butterscotch Chips
1 C chopped Pecans

350 degree oven and a 9"X13" dish

In a large bowl:
Pudding Mix
Milk
Whisk well
Set aside for 5 minutes

Fold in Cake Mix
Stir well to combine

Pour batter into the pan
Smooth the top
Scatter the top with the Butterscotch Chips and Pecans

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes
Remove and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes

Option:
Scatter the top with some shredded/flaked coconut.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment