Saturday, November 23, 2013

No Bake Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Squares / Trisha Yearwood

I had to come back and talk about this recipe. I have made it several times. It's also the #1 viewed recipe on my blog. Over 9100  views. Here's my update on the recipe. 

I crushed the Pretzels in a Zip Lock Bag with a Rolling Pin. When I did them in a Food Processor some of it ended up powdered and there were pieces that were too large. I was able to control the texture better in a bag.

Also, I do not recommend using Crunchy Peanut butter or "Natural" Peanut Butter. In both cases the bottom layer did not stay together well. They are perfect with Creamy Peanut Butter. The texture was good, they were easy to cut and overall, perfect.

Now, I have to add that they are terribly addicting. We will make sure we have plenty of them around for the rest of the Holiday Season.

Watch how to make this recipe.

This could be my new favorite , easy Chocolatey, Pretzely, Peanutbuttery, Yummy Cookie, Square, Bars!
Trisha Yearwood says they are her new favorite treat!
I'm simply re posting the recipe from her Blog.
I watched her cooking show this morning and this is what I chose to post on my Blog!
I made these for Thanksgiving and they were a hit. I'll be making them often!


1 1/2 Sticks (12 TBS) Butter, melted
2 C Pretzel Rods, crushed into Crumbs
1 1/2 C Confectioner's Sugar
1 1/4 C Smooth Peanut Butter, Divided.  Chunky Peanut Butter does not work well and don't use a Natural or Organic that has "Oil", the Bars won't hold together well.
1 1/2 C milk chocolate chips

Directions:
In a Medium Bowl, add the Melted Butter, Pretzel Crumbs,Confectioner's Sugar and 1C of the Peanut Butter and stir together until well combined.

Press the Mixture evenly into the bottom of an un greased 9" X 13" Baking Dish.

Combine the Chocolate Chips and the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter in a Microwave-Safe Bowl.
Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the Chocolate and Peanut Butter are melted and smooth; two intervals should be enough.
Mix to blend, then spread over the Peanut Butter-Pretzel layer. 

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.










Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment