Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Apple Cake in a 9"X13" baking dish

I bought some Mutsu Apples from a market in Kansas. It has an Apple Orchard and grows this variety of Apple. I was not familiar with it .
It was introduced in Japan in 1930.
It's a versatile dual-purpose apple, sharp but still sweet enough to eat fresh.
It holds it's shape while cooking.
It's green-yellow in color.

This is an original recipe adapted from many other Apple Cake recipes that I have in my collection.
I like apple recipes that are easy and fairly quick to create, this one is.

To make this cake you need a stand mixer with a paddle attachment .
1 - 9"X13" baking dish
Pan Release Mix to grease the dish, it can be found on my blog under Tips, Hints and More. ( you could use butter, but I highly recommend that you keep a jar of Pan Release in the refrigerator if you bake often. It keeps for many months.


Apple Cake:
3 eggs
3 C sugar
1 1/2 C vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
3 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 large apples, peeled and chopped.
1 C whole pecans

Grease the pan with Pan Release Mix

In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment:
Beat:
eggs
sugar
vegetable oil
Mix well until creamy smooth
Add vanilla and just mix to combine.

Add remaining ingredients and mix just until well combined. ( I pre-mixed the dry ingredients in a large bowl and added to the mixture.
I added the pecans last.
Mixed just until combined.

The batter will be thick.
Spread the batter evenly in the dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment