Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mini Tartlets

Mini Tartlets:

I just saw this recipe on The Chew.
I've adapted it to utilize one of my recipes.
Check out my Scalloped Apples Recipe to fill these Tartlets.
Another Option would be to use pears in place of the apples to make Scalloped Pears and fill the Tarts. I reposted the recipe here.
I bought some Vegetarian Mincemeat at a local market and I'll make mine with the Mincemeat for Christmas.
This is very simple to do.

Here's the recipe.

1 (8oz.) package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.

Lay the dough on a floured surface and use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough to 1/4" thick.
Pinch the seams together and roll.
Cut into 2" squares.
Tuck squares into the cups of a mini muffin tin.
The corners will stick up.

Fill the cups with your choice of filling mentioned above.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -12 minutes. The edges will turn golden brown.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




This is a Thanksgiving Favorite in our Family!
It's great any time of the year.

I wanted to recreate the flavor of Apples that we used to get at Luby's Cafeteria when I was a kid. I loved them and they always had them around Thanksgiving. I knew they weren't baked so I created this microwaved version. They are exactly as I remembered them.

10 C peeled, cored and sliced tart apples (about 8 med. apples), of course it depends on the size of the apples.
This is the preparation stage of the apples.

After they're coated with the sugar and spices they are dotted with butter.
They are then microwaved with a cover slightly ajar.

This is the final product.

1/3 C Sugar
2 TBS Cornstarch
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
2 TBS Butter
Raisins and Pecans (optional)

Place Apples in a 2 1/2 Quart Microwavable Baking dish with a cover
Combine Sugar, Cornstarch,Cinnamon and Nutmeg in a small bowl
Sprinkle ove the Apples and toss to coat well
Add Raisins and Pecans if desired
Dot with pieces of Butter
Cover and microwave for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.


Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment