Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday's Taste section in the Dallas Morning News



There wasn't much to choose from today. There were recipes for Pimento Cheese which they've already written about and I posted the recipe that I thought was the best and it turned out to be true. So I've re posted that recipe.
The next recipe I liked was a Gazpacho and I've already posted my favorite version of that recipe too. I liked the one in todays section which was from a restaurant in Paris, but honestly, I didn't feel they got it right so I'm reposting my favorite one.
I hope you like them.


Classic Pimento Cheese Spread:

3 C sharp cheddar cheese ( room temperature)
8 oz. cream cheese ( room temperature)
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/3 C pimento peppers from a jar, well drained and chopped
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or more to taste
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper, or more to taste

Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
Mix just until well blended.
Best if brought back to to room temperature before serving.
Makes about 3 cups.

Of course I would double or triple the recipe for a family picnic.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



This one is a cool recipe from the 60's.
It was so upbeat and different for the time man.

Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Green Bell Peppers,seeded and cut into pieces
1 Cucumber, peeled and divided: 3/4 sliced and 1/4 of it diced for garnish
2 lbs. Tomatoes cut into pieces
1 Onion quartered, 1/4 of it diced for garnish
1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
2 TBS Vinegar
2 TBS Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Croutons for garnish

Put the following ingredients in a blender:
Lemon Juice
Bell Peppers
Cucumber slices
Tomatoes
3/4's of the Onion
Garlic Salt
Vinegar
Olive Oil
Pulse to blend, keeping it chunky

Season with Salt and Pepper
Refrigerate until chilled

Serve topped with Diced Onion , Diced Cucumber and Croutons.


Enjoy! Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment