Friday, August 23, 2013

Cranberry Salad

I know it may seem early for some to start thinking about the Holidays and planning a menu. For me, it's never too early. I am constantly researching recipes and I am sure I will be posting many of them in September.

Here's just another version of Cranberry Salad for Thanksgiving. This is definitely a vintage All American Holiday Recipe.

1 package of fresh cranberries ( you know the bag that's available just prior to Thanksgiving)
1 2/3 C sugar
1 C chopped pecans
1 C halved red grapes
1 container of Frozen Whipped Topping, thawed

Grind the cranberries. ( I thought the same thing you're thinking..... what? when was the last time you saw a grinder. I know my grandmother used one for meat and ... cranberries. Since most of us don't have them, we use a food processor and pulse them until they reach the stage of being "ground")

Place the cranberries in a colander over a bowl and cover with the sugar.( no need to stir)
Let them drain in the colander for 8 hours
Discard the juice or reserve it for cocktails ( mixed with Vodka), but you don't need it for this recipe.

Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl , add the cranberries and refrigerate for several hours before serving.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment