Friday, May 31, 2013

White Barbecue Sauce....... Try it Y'all!


I don't know how I get on these food kicks, but my latest research has been about White Barbecue Sauce..... Who knew?
White Barbecue Sauce was developed in the Southern United States, or as we say, "in the South"
In Alabama it's the sauce of choice for a marinade and a dip. Fans of white sauce claim that once you try it on grilled meats and vegetables, you'll never go back to a red sauce. I suppose you can use it for a dip with Buffalo Wings. I would use it on Veggie burgers cooked on the grill, and I'd use it as a vegetable dip. I will also use it on my vegetarian Chik'n Breasts.
I'm open to new food ideas and this intrigues me.
I'm going to give it a try!
There as many recipes available and after intensive research, this is my choice.

White Barbecue Sauce:

3/4 C mayonnaise
1/3 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C apple juice
1 TBS garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 TBS horseradish
1/4 C fresh lemon juice
1 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp salt

Whisk all ingredients together and pour into a jar.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment