Sunday, May 12, 2013

1960's New Foods and Products

I loved researching the last 60's project so much that I continued my quest for 60's information and discovered Foods and Products that were introduced in the 60's.

I'm certainly aware of many of the products on the list. I remember them well and a kid. I did not know the dates that they were introduced to America. This was a trip down memory lane for me, it will be for many of my readers too.

Some of these products are already extinct and others are still available.

Here's the list by decade:

1960:

Coffee Rich
Aluminum Cans for Food & Beverages
Granny Smith Apples were introduced to the USA
Domino's Pizza
Single Serve Ketchup Packets

1961:

Total Breakfast Cereal
Mrs. Butterworth's Syrup
Green Giant Frozen Peas
Sprite
Coffee Mate
Hardee's Fast Food Restaurant

1962:

Frozen Bread Dough
Frozen Pie Crust
Diet Rite Cola ( Royal Crown)
Tab opening aluminum cans for Soft Drinks
Taco Bell Fast Food Chain

1963:

Tab ( Coca Cola Company)
Wondra Flour
Cremora


1964:

Pop Tarts
Carnation Instant Breakfast
Instant Mashed Potatoes
Buffalo Wings ( Anchor Bar, Buffalo, New York)
Coca Cola in Cans
Ruffles Potato Chips
Lucky Charms ..... a personal favorite of mine!
Bugles
Chiffon Margarine
Seven Seas Salad Dressing
Yoplait Yogurt
Awake ( Synthetic Orange Juice) ... never heard of this!
Maxim Freeze Dried Coffee .... my Grandparents drank this!

1965:

Shake and Bake
Cool Whip
Tang... another childhood favorite!
Rock Cornish Game Hens ( Tyson )
Apple Jacks...... loved 'em!
Cranapple Fruit Juice
Diet Pepsi

1966:

Bac O's
Product 19 Cereal
$100,000 Candy Bar
Taster's Choice Freeze Dried Coffee
Doritos
Instant Oatmeal
Easy Cheese..... what the heck was that?

1967:

Taco Seasoning Mix ( Lowrey's )

1968:

Red Lobster Restaurant Chain
Legal Seafoods Restaurant Chain

1969:

Campbell's Chunky Soups
Kaboom Cereal
Frosted Mini Wheats Cereal
Chipos Snack Food... never heard of these!
Pringles Potato Chips.... I could eat a can of these at one time!
Wendy's Restaurant Chain
Long Lohn Silver's Fish'n Chips Restaurant Chain


Here's a list of Brands that were advertised in Better Homes and Gardens Magazine in 1960:

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
Quaker Oats in Cardboard Cannisters
Kraft Miniature Marshmallows
Betty Crocker Frosting Mixes
Wish Bone Salad Dressing in Russian, Italian and French flavors
Dole Hawaiian Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
Baker's Angel Flake Coconut in cans
Hormel SPAM
Diamond Walnuts
Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix
Wrigley's Spearmint Gum
Wesson Oil in Glass Bottles
Borden's Instant Whipped Potatoes
Heinz Tomato Sauce
French's Mustard in a Glass Jar
Coca Cola King and Regular size Glass Bottles
Kraft Miracle Whip
Hunt's Tomato Sauce
Betty Crocker Cake Mixes

Top Ten most owned Kitchen Items in 1966:

1. Toaster
2. Coffee Maker
3. Skillet
4. Waffle Maker
5. Can Opener
6. Hand Mixer
7. Blender
8. Counter Top Mixer
9. Knife Sharpener
10. Carving Knife

I found all of these tidbits very fascinating and it certainly took me back to the 60's.
If I really want to be reminded of the 60's, I would post a list of the top ten songs from each decade.
I believe I still have all of those songs on 45 RPM's..... and I still have a turntable!

Until then, I'll reminisce about the Food and Recipes from the 60's and I'll ......

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment