Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Aunt Faye's Christmas Date Loaf

She made this every Christmas.
My Aunt Faye and Uncle Johnny lived on a farm in Michigan.
The best Christmases as a child were spent on the farm.

It was the first time in my life that I knew Santa Claus was on the roof, ready to come down the chimney.
My sister and I couldn't sleep that night.

In memory of Aunt Faye and my memories of Christmas on the farm, here's her Christmas Date Loaf Recipe.

1 lb. of Whole Dates
1 lb. of Whole Walnuts

Sift together, in a bowl:
1 C Sugar
1 C Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt

In another bowl
4 Eggs , beaten
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix Dates, Nuts and the Flour Mixture.
Add Egg mixture
Blend well

Place dough in a Loaf Pan
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment