Thursday, January 22, 2015

Kladdkaka, A traditional Swedish dessert

I saw this recipe on another food blog that I follow (I am baker). I have friends in Scandinavia so I researched several recipes for this chocolate creation. It's a cross between several desserts that we're familiar with in the U.S.... pie, cake, and a brownie. It's simple and very chocolatey!
This recipe is adapted from several that I found and the addition of whiskey is ......... interesting, so I added it.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 8" Pie Pan brushed well with Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each, mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

1/2 C Flour
1/4 C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
A pinch of Salt
2 Large Eggs
1 1/3 C granulated Sugar
1 TBS whiskey (I use a good Irish brand)
8 TBS (1 stick) Butter, melted

In a mixing bowl, sift together:
Flour
Cocoa Powder
Salt
Whisk and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl:
Eggs
Sugar
Which well.

Gently fold Flour mixture into the Eggs.
Add:
Vanilla
Whiskey
Butter
Stir to incorporate.

Pour into the pie pan.
Bake for 25 minutes.
Remove to a rack and cool completely before serving.
Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream or homemade Whipped Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment