Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fluffy Cheesecake from Woolworth

I follow many food blogs and someone posted a recipe for Woolworth's " Lemon Pie."
I was interested in the recipe but I did some research and found this in the archives of Woolworth's recipes. It was called Fluffy Cheesecake.  Woolworth had a lunch counter and served some very Iconic All American Food. This was one of their desserts.
I remember going to Woolworth with my parents when I was a child.  They were one of the largest chain stores in the U.S. They closed their doors in 1997 and concentrated business under another group name. In 2001 they focused on Sporting Goods and  became what we know today as "Foot Locker Inc."
I'm simply reposting the recipe as I found it.

This is how I remember Woolworth as a child in the 50's.








Woolworth's Fluffy Cheesecake
Yield: 12 servings
1 (3-ounce) package Lemon Gelatin.
1 cup Boiling Water
8 ounces Cream Cheese
1 cup Granulated Sugar
5 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 (12-ounce) can Evaporated Milk, well Chilled.
About 8 ounces Graham Crackers, crushed.

Dissolve Gelatin in Boiling Water. Let Cool until slightly Thickened. 
With Electric Mixer, beat Cream Cheese, Sugar and Lemon Juice until Smooth. 
Add thickened Gelatin; Beat Well.
In another Bowl, beat Evaporated Milk until Fluffy. Add Cream Cheese Mixture; 
beat well.
Line the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch Pan with crushed Graham Crackers. 
Spoon filling into Pan, spreading evenly.

Top with more crushed Graham Crackers. 
Chill until Firm.



Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment