Friday, January 9, 2015

Ambrosia Salad


I should have posted this during the Holidays. My mother always made this for Christmas. She probably got the recipe from my Grandmother or Aunt Faye.
It's a very common recipe and if you like Ambrosia you probably have a recipe for it.
I'm posting this so I can have it in my collection of favorite recipes.

1 C Heavy Cream
1 TBS Granulated Sugar
4 oz. Sour Cream
3 C Miniature Marshmallows
6 Clementine Oranges, separate the segments.
1- 8 oz. can of Pineapple Chunks, drained
1 C  Flaked Coconut
1 C Chopped Pecans
1 C Chopped Walnuts
1/2 C Maraschino Cherries

In a Stand Mixer with a Whisk attachment:
Cream
Sugar
Beat until stiff peak.
Add Sour Cream and continue to beat until fully incorporated.

Fold in by hand:
Marshmallows
Orange Segments
Pineapple
Coconut
Pecans
Walnuts
Cherries
Mix well by hand.

Spoon into a clear Trifle Bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Stir well just before serving.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment