Monday, January 27, 2014

Home Made Salad Dressings


I wanted to do a post of my favorite salad dressings. I recently saw and episode of The Pioneer Woman and Ree Drummond made a great dressing that can be used for a simple green salad. It's a recipe from her Aunt Trish. It made me think of a dressing that my Aunt Faye always made called "That Dressing", and then I decided to add a classic Vinaigrette Dressing and my favorite Ranch Dressing that I use for Cole Slaw. So here are my favorite dressings:

Aunt Faye's , "That Dressing":

1/2 pint sour cream
1/2 pint mayonnaise
1/4 pound Roquefort Cheese
Celery salt to taste
1 clove garlic
3 TBS fresh lemon juice
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend well.
Pour into a jar and refrigerate before using.


Aunt Trish's Salad Dressing from Ree Drummond:

3/4 C olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
4 TBS grated parmesan cheese
fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp sugar
1 or 2 dashes of paprika
juice of 2 lemons
1 whole clove of garlic
Put all ingredients in a jar, shake well and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before using.
Great for a salad of Greens,Tomatoes, Black Olives, Red Onion and Croutons.
It's also good served over Pasta.


Homemade Ranch Dressing:

1 C mayonnaise
1/2 C sour cream
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 C minced fresh parsley
1 TBS chopped fresh chives
2 TBS fresh minced dill
1/2 C buttermilk at the end

Combine all in a jar, shake well and refrigerate before using.
This is my dressing of choice for Homemade Coe Slaw.


Classic Vinaigrette Dressing:

I know  this is such a simple recipe, however I find myself looking up the ratio every time I want to make it.
The ratio is 3 to 1 (3 parts vegetable oil to 1 part white wine vinegar).
Or 3 parts oil to 1 part acidic. ( any favorite vinegar ,lemon juice or lime juice)

Here's a basic recipe that I use:

3/4 C Vegetable Oil
1/4 C White Wine Vinegar
1 TBS Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, whisk Mustard and Vinegar together.
Slowly whisk in Vegetable Oil
Season to taste with Salt and Pepper
You can also make it in a jar and shake until all ingredients are well combined.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment