Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu!

We haven't finalized our Thanksgiving Dinner menu. We have some recipes that are expected by the family each year. We have 2 vegetarians in the family so I make a roasted Tofurky with a medley of roasted vegetables and vegetarian gravy.
Our stuffing is completely vegetarian.

We make the typical green bean casserole with the onion topping and we have mashed potatoes that are pretty basic and not complicated.
We always have Pumpkin Pie and some years my daughter in law brings an Apple pie too! This year I may make my Best of the Best Cranberry Cornmeal Cake in a cast iron skillet, posted on the blog. I have a Best of the Best recipe for Almond Apricot Amaretto Mousse,  typically served at Christmas.
I've made Cranberry Mousse since 1985. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving with out it! The recipe is on the blog.
And how could I leave out The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond's Rosemary and Sea Salt Rolls. If you haven't made them, you must! You can find the recipe on her blog. I have a link on the home page of my blog.

Some other recipes that have made it to the menu include a cranberry sauce ( I've made a Texas version too).
For many years I made a Corn Timbale recipe from Julia Child and every year we include a side dish with corn. I think this year it will be Corn Pie, it's posted on the blog.

I'll post my original, finalist recipes from the Dallas Morning News/Central Market Holiday Cookie Baking Contest.
There's a Chocolate Hatch Chile Cookie and Chocolate Almond Apricot Logs.
I've also entered a no bake bar version of the Apricot Log cookie and A cookie called The 12 Days of Christmas.

At some point I'll blog about one of my favorite pastry chefs in New York, Christina Tosi. She's a brilliant new chef with innovative concepts in baking. My 12 days of Christmas Cookie is an adaptation of her Compost Cookie Recipe. If you're not familiar with her, she's famous for her Crack Pie!
Later, I'll talk about many of my favorite cookbooks that inspire me, Christina's is one of them.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment