Sunday, November 18, 2012

Black Peppered Cheese Bread

I bought a new cast iron loaf pan this weekend and I decided that the first thing I would make in it is Black Peppered Cheese Bread.

I love bread, I love cheese and ......... I love freshly ground black pepper!

So....... Black Peppered Cheese Bread it is!

It tastes great.
 I've decided to add jalapeno to the next batter.
We even toast it !

Another hint: If you have leftovers, cube the bread, bake it at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until
golden brown and use the croutons for soup.
I have a recipe on the blog for Texas Onion Soup and these croutons are perfect for that soup.


2 C flour
1 tsp sugar
1 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 C buttermilk
1/2 C butter, melted
2 eggs

In a bowl combine:
flour
sugar
cheese
sugar
baking powder
baking soda
salt
pepper

In a small bowl whisk together:
eggs, melted butter
milk

Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients with a spoon,
just enough to wet all of the ingredients.
Pour the batter into a well buttered or vegetable oiled loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.

Cool about 15 minutes before releasing the bread from the pan.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!







No comments:

Post a Comment