Saturday, November 10, 2012

Buttered Rosemary and Sea Salt Rolls

These rolls are from Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.
She writes about them on her blog. She adapted the recipe after having them in a restaurant.
I've made them many times and I consider them to be a Best of the Best recipe!

Rhodes frozen dinner rolls, do not thaw!
Vegetable Oil for the Pans.
Fresh Rosemary, chopped ( I take it from my garden)
Some butter, melted , I did say some..... I just melt some butter!
Sea Salt, I use Sel de Mer.... we travel to France often and we buy it there ( I'm not trying to be snobby, but good Sel de Mer is ...... well.....  Good!
A 7", 8" , 9", 10"... anyway, a cast iron skillet , you never know how many of these you will make.


Several pans at once I would say!
Or, you can make them in a cast iron muffin pan or, I also use the Lodge 7 well biscuit pan.

For 7 rolls:
Generously coat a 7"- 8" cast iron skillet, muffin pan or biscuit pan with Vegetable Oil

Place frozen rolls in the pan.
Cover them with a kitchen towel.
Walk away for 3 hours  to let them rise ..... check them ..... walk away for another 20 minutes to rise!
Lightly brush them with melted butter.
Sprinkle the tops with rosemary.
Gently brush again with butter ( I drizzle it on so I don't disturb the Rosemary)
Sprinkle with Sea Salt!

Bake 400 degrees for 17 - 20 minutes, in the middle of your oven, not the top or the bottom, the middle!
They will be golden brown 
Remove them from the oven and...... Oh Yes! Butter them again!
That's it!

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!







No comments:

Post a Comment