Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mushrooms Burgundy

Another Best of the Best Recipes.
I've been making this side dish for at least 10 years.
We typically have it for Thanksgiving.
However, I will make it any time of the year.
If you just don't like Mushrooms, that's OK, move on to another recipe that's appealing to you. I'm never offended.
I make mine in an 11" X 4" Cast Iron Chicken Fryer. I have also used a Large Skillet.

Cook what you enjoy and enjoy what you cook!


2 TBS Dijon Mustard
2 TBS Vegetarian Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 C Packed Brown Sugar
3/4 C Hearty Burgundy
Salt
Pepper
1 Onion, chopped
1/2 C Butter (1stick)
2 Pounds of Sliced Fresh Button Mushrooms. I buy them in Bulk at a local Market.

Combine the first 6 ingredients in a Small Bowl or Measuring Cup and Whisk together.
Sauté Onion in Butter until Soft.

Add Mushrooms
Cook on Medium High until they reduce to half the amount.

Stir in the Wine Sauce
Mix well.
Cover them.
Simmer  for 45 minutes or until they thicken.
Stirring occasionally.

Enjoy!
Peace in the kitchen!















No comments:

Post a Comment