Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Best of the Best Gingerbread!

I love Gingerbread. I like a dark and very tasty Gingerbread. It reminds me of a Charles Dickens Christmas.  I have many recipes for it. I'm always in search of the Best of the Best Gingerbread. That's a title that I use when I find a recipe that is better than any other in it's category, (The Best of the Best)




Candied Ginger

I use this whenever a recipe calls for Molasses.
There's also Lyle's Golden Syrup
that I use whenever a recipe calls for Corn Syrup.

My favorite Springform Pan
from The Pampered Chef.


Here's my choice for The Best of the Best Gingerbread.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1 - 9" Springform Pan, sprayed with a vegetable cooking spray. (my favorite is the Pampered Chef Pan with a Tempered Glass Bottom)

Chopped Candied Ginger for Garnish. (it's baked on top of the batter)

1 C Dark Molasses or British Treacle.
1/2 C Boiling Water
5 TBS Butter
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 C Flour

In a Large Mixing Bowl:
Molasses

Add:
Boiling Water
Butter
Stir until well combined with a Wooden Spoon.

Add:
Salt
Ginger
Baking Soda
Stir just until combined, don't over mix.

Add:
Flour
Continue stirring by hand with a Wooden Spoon.

Spoon the Batter into the Pan.
Top it with the Chopped Candied Ginger.

Bake for 25 - 35 minutes.
The top should spring back when lightly tapped and it should pull away from the pan.
When I made it, 30 minutes was enough.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment