Friday, February 5, 2016

Pappy's Pineapple Cake

When I'm not The Hippy in the Kitchen, I'm Pappy. That's the name my son in law gave me when our first grandchild was born. It fits me as well as The Hippy in the Kitchen does.
I decided to post Pappy's Pineapple Cake recipe.



Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 9" X 13" Casserole Dish.

2 C Flour
1 C Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 - 20 oz. can of Crushed Pineapple , undrained.
1 tsp Salt
1/2 C Brown Sugar
4 TBS Butter
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp Vanilla

In a large mixing bowl:
Flour
Granulated Sugar
Eggs
Baking Soda
Pineapple Salt
Whisk well.
Pour into the Casserole Dish.
Sprinkle evenly with Brown Sugar.
Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
Remove Cake to a rack and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
Make the Sauce.


Sauce
In a saucepan:
Butter
Milk
Vanilla
Heat until Butter is melted and whisk until it's creamy smooth.
Immediately pour over the Cake.
Set aside to cool completely.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment