Thursday, September 10, 2015

Raspberry Mousse

One of my signature dishes at Thanksgiving is my recipe for Cranberry Mousse. I can't remember a Thanksgiving Dinner without it. It's the one dish that my grandchildren request every year. I'd be in trouble if I forgot to make it. I reposted the recipe at the end of the Raspberry Mousse recipe. This one is made in a Springform Pan with a Graham Cracker Crust.




Raspberry Mousse

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 8" or 9" Springform Pan ( I have a great Pampered Chef Pan with a Tempered Glass Bottom.

Crust ingredients

1 C Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs
3 TBS Granulated Sugar
4 TBS Butter, melted
1/4 C Ice Cold Water

Mousse ingredients

1 - 10 oz. package of Frozen Raspberries, thawed, drained and reserve juice in a bowl. Set the Raspberries aside in another bowl.
1 - envelope of unflavored gelatin
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 C granulated Sugar
1 C Heavy Cream    NOTE: (to make the Whipped Cream, I add  (2 TBS Confectioner's Sugar and 1/2 tsp Vanilla) This will be done toward the end of the recipe.

Crust directions

In a small bowl:
Graham Cracker Crumbs
Granulated Sugar
Butter
Mix well with a blending fork
Press into the bottom of the pan.
Bake 10 minutes.
Remove pan to a rack to cool completely.

Mousse directions

In a saucepan (not on the stove)
Raspberry Juice
Cold Water
Gelatin
Allow to sit for 5 minutes without stirring.
Transfer pan to low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until gelatin dissolves completely.
Remove from heat.
Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

In a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer:
Cream Cheese
1/2 C  granulated Sugar
Beat well until combined and creamy smooth.

Add:
Raspberries
Gelatin Mix
Beat until well blended.
Refrigerate until it begins to set. (it doesn't take long)

Whip the Heavy Cream in a small bowl with an electric hand mixer. (see NOTE above about Whipped Cream)
Fold in Whipped Cream by hand.
Pour into Crust.
Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.

Just before serving:
Release the outer ring of the pan to serve the Mousse. I leave mine on the Tempered Glass Bottom and transfer it to a serving platter.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



I've been making this recipe since 1985.
I've served it every Thanksgiving since then.
Every year my grandchildren ask if I've made it for Thanksgiving dinner, and I do!

I've tried to double the recipe and it doesn't work. If you need more, you make more!

Cranberry Mousse:

1 C Cranberry Juice
1- 3 oz. package of Raspberry Jello or,  (1/3 C or 6 TBS)
1- can (16oz.) Jellied Cranberry Sauce
1 C Heavy Cream, whipped (the perfect whipped cream: 1C heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 TBS confectioner's sugar) In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or  in a bowl with a hand mixer.

In a Saucepan on medium heat:
Cranberry Juice
Heat juice to boiling

Stir in Jello until dissolved.

Add:
Cranberry Sauce
Cook until dissolved.
Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until thickened.

Whip the Cream and fold into the Jello mixture.

Transfer to a clear serving bowl to serve.
Refrigerate covered until ready to serve

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment