Sunday, March 22, 2015

Jalapeno Hummus

As a vegetarian I love Hummus. I make Hippy Hummus, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, etc. We eat a lot of recipes with Jalapeños in Texas. I was immediately attracted to this recipe. I'll be making it soon.

3 - Roasted Jalapeños , I use canned Roasted Hatch Chiles. I may even use more then 3. Add them according to your taste and heat level.
5 whole cloves of Garlic
1 - 15oz. can of Chickpeas, drained but not rinsed.
1/2 Avocado
1/4 C Tahini
The juice of 1 Lemon and 1 Lime.
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cumin\
A handful of Cilantro, chopped
4 TBS Olive Oil or Avocado Oil


Roasted Pepitas for garnish. (you can roast your own or..... I buy them)

In a Food Processor:
Jalapeños
Garlic
Chickpeas
Avocado
Tahini
Lemon and Lime Juice
Salt
Cumin
Cilantro

Pulse until well blended.
Drizzle in the Oil until creamy and smooth.

Refrigerate prior to serving.
Serve with Vegetables, Tortilla Chips, Pita Chips.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment