Saturday, February 28, 2015

Zucchini Pie

Oh my gosh, another Zucchini recipe. It's like my overwhelming collection of Corn recipes. I just can't seem to get enough. I often contemplate giving up this Blog. I really enjoy it, but as I look back at the beginning when I stated that my reason for writing it was to pay homage to my Aunt Faye and share about 250 of my favorite recipes...... I have posted almost 1500 recipes. Just when I think I've seen them all, another one comes along. I spend hours researching my vast collection of cookbooks and family archives for additional recipes to post. I've decided that I love doing the research so my readers don't have to. They can simple reap the benefits of my work.

Zucchini Pie:

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - Oval 2 quart cast iron casserole dish....... or something equivalent, brushed well with Vegetable Oil. I just happen to have amassed a huge collection of cooking vessels to go along with the recipes. I have every pot, pan, tin, dish and gadget that it takes to create any recipe.

3 C diced Zucchini, unpeeled.
1 large Sweet Onion, roughly chopped.
1/2 C grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 C shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1 C of Bisquick baking mix. If you don't have access to it, I reposted it at the end of this recipe.
4 large Eggs, beaten
4 TBS Fresh chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large Mixing Bowl:
Combine all ingredients just until well combined and moistened.
Pour into the Casserole.
Bake 40 - 45 minutes, until golden brown on the top.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


I decided to add this recipe as a separate post for friends that don't have access to the All American Iconic Bisquick Mix!


Homemade Bisquick Mix:

10 C flour
1/3 C baking powder
1/4 C sugar
4 tsp salt
2 C shortening ( Crisco) or any non refrigerated shortening

In a large bowl:
flour
baking powder
sugar
salt
Mix Well

Work the shortening into the mixture using a pastry blender or 2 forks until it forms a coarse crumble mixture.

Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months, unrefrigerated.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment