Saturday, February 28, 2015

Zucchini Casserole

I seem to be on a new kick, Casseroles!
It's really an old kick.
I have a post titled: (Casseroles, a collection of my favorites. Over 25 recipes). You can search it on the blog.
I don't think that includes all of my casserole recipes that are on the blog.
I really do love Casseroles of any type.

This is the Bram that I use for Casseroles.








Zucchini Casserole:

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 9" X 9" casserole dish. I have an amazing clay dish from Pampered Chef. I also make it in my 2 quart Bram. If you're not familiar with Brams, research them. I absolutely love them.
Butter the casserole dish well!

1 1/2 C Shredded Swiss Cheese
1/3 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 TBS Fresh chopped Oregano
1 TBS Fresh chopped Basil
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Large Zucchini, 1/4" slices
5 Roma Tomatoes, 1/4" slices
4 TBS Butter
1/4 C finely diced Onion (I use a Sweet Onion)
1 C Italian Herbed Bread Crumbs

In a large mixing bowl:
Swiss
Parmesan
Oregano
Basil
Garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Set side.

Begin layering the casserole in the following order:
1/2 of the Zucchini Slices
1/4 of the Cheese
1/2 of the Tomato Slices
1/4 of the Cheese
Remaining Zucchini
1/4 of the Cheese
Remaining Tomatoes
Remaining Cheese.

In a skillet on medium heat:
Butter until melted
Add Onion and sauté until soft.
Add Breadcrumbs until all of the Butter is absorbed.
Sprinkle evenly over the dish.
Cover with foil.
Bake 25 minutes.
Remove Foil.
Continue baking for an additional 20 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment