Friday, April 18, 2014

Baked Pineapple Casserole

This is another vintage recipe that I found in one of my latest finds at the Mennonite Relief Sale in Kansas last weekend. I collect cookbooks from the Amish / Mennonite community where my wife grew up in Kansas. My favorite books are the collections of handwritten recipes that have been handed down through generations of a family. I will cherish them and pass them on.
I found it to bee interesting. I had never seen, or heard of this before. It's a great Spring and Easter dish.
A great side dish for Ham and a great Brunch dish.
I've attached a photograph of the original recipe. I changed a few things to make it current.

Baked Pineapple Casserole:

1/2 C Butter
3/4 C Sugar
a dash of Salt
3 Eggs, beaten
1- #2 can of Crushed Pineapple, do not drain
5 slices of bread, crust trimmed and cubed. I would leave the crust on.

Cream together:
Salt
Sugar
Add Eggs and beat.
Add remaining ingredients and mix.
Place in a heavily Buttered 1 1/2 quart Casserole Dish.
Bake at 325 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!





No comments:

Post a Comment