Monday, April 28, 2014

Baked Jam Pudding

Here's another interesting recipe from the 60's. Simple and easy.
I think any kind of Jam would work well in this recipe. I will try a variety of Jam to see which one we like best.
I'll start with Apricot since that's my personal favorite.
I think any Marmalade or Peach Jam would be great.

Baked Jam Pudding:

Here's what you'll need:
1 - 8" X 8" baking dish
Brush the pan well with my Pan Release Mixture, equal parts of Crisco, Flour and Vegetable Oil. I start with 1 C of each. Mix well  ( I always have a jar in the refrigerator for all of my baking needs)

1/2 C butter
1 C granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 C flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda dissolved in 3 tsp buttermilk.
1 C apricot jam

In a large mixing bowl:
Butter
Sugar
Cream together well
Add Eggs one at a time and beat well after each one.
Add all remaining ingredients until well combined.

Pour batter into the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
Serve warm with Vanilla Ice Cream or Dust with Confectioner's Sugar.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment