Saturday, March 16, 2013

Vegetarian Chicken Salad...... Yes, that's correct!

I would put this up against any meat eater's Chicken Salad.
I don't think you could tell the difference. Really!

I use Quorn Chicken Cutlets ( there are 4 to a package.

I thaw them and briefly saute them in a TBS of Vegetable Oil, just until both sides have browned.

In a medium sized bowl, combine the following:

1/2 C Mayonnaise
1/2 C diced Celery
1/2 C diced Onion
1/4 C Dill Pickle Relish
1/2 C chopped Pecans

Dice the Chicken and add to the mixture.

Salt and Pepper to taste.
Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour before serving.

You can delete or add any of your favorite ingredients to personalize it.
I often add some dried Cherries , Dried Cranberries or Grapes cut in half.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment