Friday, March 22, 2013

Goat Cheese, Pistachio and Prune Cake


After watching Rachel Khoo on her show The Little Paris Kitchen I knew I had to give this savory cake a try.
Goat Cheese, Pistachio, and Prune Cake
  • 1 c flour
  • 5-1/2 oz goat cheese, cut into small pieces
  • 3-1/2 oz prunes, roughly chopped
  • 2-3/4 oz pistachios, roughly chopped
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 c + 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1/4 c plain yogurt
  • 1 tsp salt
  • pinch freshly ground pepper
1  |  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2  |  In a bowl, mix together the flour, cheese, prunes, nuts, and baking powder.
 |  In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy and pale in color. Then gradually whisk in the oil, milk, and yogurt. Add the salt and black pepper. Fold the flour mixture into the whisked eggs. Try not to over-beat as this will make the end result tough (it’s better to under-mix). Pour into the pan.
4  |  Bake until a metal skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin.

I watched Rachel make this on her cooking show and I was very intrigued.
There are so many components to this cake that I really like.
I'll eventually get around to making it and I'll post pictures of it.
Until then:

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment