Sunday, March 10, 2013

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

After much thought, I've decided to post this recipe.
I've made it many times and it's great.

I have so many versions of Mac & Cheese and I really can't decide which is my favorite or should I say, which one has the right to be labeled a Best of the Best Recipe.
We all have our favorites.
How many versions of Mac & Cheese can I post?

When we served the latest one that I made, we asked the kids why they love Mac & Cheese so much.... they simply replied, "Kids Love Cheese"!
I don't think I've made a version that they don't eat.
I know that they absolutely love this Crock Pot Recipe.

It's certainly less time consuming than the last one I created.

1 C Milk
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
4 TBS (1/2 stick) cut into pieces
1/2 C Sour Cream
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can of Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
2 C dry Elbow Macaroni
2 1/2 C Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
3 eggs, beaten

Boil the Macaroni in a 2qt. saucepan for about 7 minutes
Drain
In the saucepan, melt Butter and Cheddar Cheese until creamy

In a Slow Cooker:
Cheese/Butter mixture
Sour Cream
Soup
Salt
Pepper
Milk
Dry Mustard
Stir well!

Add Eggs
Add Macaroni and stir again

Set Slow Cooker on Low and cook for 3 hours.
Stir occasionally

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

More Mac & Cheese recipes to come.....
I just can't get enough of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment