Saturday, March 30, 2013

Texas Creamed Corn

Our extended family ate at a great restaurant last weekend, it wasn't quite vegetarian friendly ( just a reminder ,we're in Texas) , but they had so many side dishes that I couldn't finish them all and I ended up taking some home.

This corn was my favorite!
I wasn't able to get the recipe so I created my own.

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 2 quart casserole dish.

1/2 C Butter
1 - 8 oz package of Cream Cheese, cubed
3 TBS Flour
1 C Milk
2 - 4 oz cans of Diced Green Chiles, undrained.
8 C Corn

Melt Butter in a saucepan over medium high heat.
Gradually stir in the cheese until it's melted, stirring constantly with a spoon.
As it begins to get creamy, start whisking.
Gradually whisk in the flour
Add the Milk and continue whisking until it becomes the consistency of a thick pudding.
Stir in the Green Chiles

Put the corn in a 2 quart casserole dish
Pour the Cheese mixture over the Corn and mix completely
Cover with aluminum foil
Bake 45 minutes.
Cool completely at room temperature
Refrigerate
Serve cold ( We've been heating it or eating right after it's baked and we like that too).

I didn't use any Salt or Pepper.
You can season to taste.

It was the thick creamy texture of this dish that I was trying to re create.
After it cooled to room temperature I refrigerated it overnight and the texture is perfect, thick and creamy.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment