Monday, January 25, 2016

Hash Brown Potato Soup in a Crock Pot + My Original Macaroni and Cheese with Hash Browns

Anne made this soup yesterday. I'll post a picture the next time we have a bowl.
It's really delicious. It's not your traditional Potato Soup because it's made with Hash Browns. I like the texture. I have a great recipe for Macaroni and Cheese made with the addition of Hash Browns. It's really good. I posted it at the end of this recipe.



Potato Soup in a Crock Pot

1 - 30 oz. bag of Shredded Frozen Hash Browns.
4 C Vegetable Broth or Vegetarian Chicken Broth
1 - 10 oz. can of Cream of Celery Soup
Salt and Pepper to taste.
8 oz. Cream Cheese, cubed
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 TBS Dried Parsley

Garnishes:
Vegetarian Bacon Bits
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Sliced Green Onion or Chives
additional Sour Cream


In a large Crock Pot:
Frozen Hash Browns
Broth
Celery Soup
Salt and Pepper

Cover and cook on Low for 5 hours.
Add:
Cream Cheese.
Cook for an additional hour, stirring often until the Cheese is well combined.

Garnish individual serving according to taste.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



This is just another version of Baked Macaroni and Cheese
I can't seem to have enough recipes for it. I even created this one because I couldn't find one that i really liked. This also has shredded potatoes in it, which are an unusual ingredient for Macaroni and Cheese, but I think you'll find that it's a great addition.
This one is very "cheesy" and delicious! I was never really fond of a bread crumb topping, however I have learned to like them. This recipe was created, because I wanted a version, without a topping.
I created it in 2007 and it continues to be one of my favorites.

Macaroni and Cheese (original recipe, 2007)

Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Butter a large Casserole , Dutch Oven or a 10" Cast Iron Skillet. I like to cook in Cast Iron.

3 C whole Milk
2 8oz. packages of Cream Cheese, cubed
1 pound of Elbow Macaroni
1 pound bag of Frozen Shredded Potatoes
2 pounds of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded

In a 6 quart stock pot, add salted water a bring to a boil.
Add Macaroni and Potatoes and cook until the Pasta is Al Dente according to the package directions.
Drain

In a large sauce pan over medium heat, bring milk to a boil.
Reduce heat and add the Cream Cheese, stirring until melted.
Gradually stir in the Cheddar Cheese until melted.
Add Pasta and Potatoes
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place mixture in a the Casserole Dish, cover and Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
Remove the cover and broil the top, if desired, to brown it.
It can also be Baked in a covered 10" Cast Iron Skillet.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!



No comments:

Post a Comment