Monday, January 25, 2016

Cherry Chocolate Bundt Cake

If you follow my Blog you know that we attend a Mennonite Relief Sale in Kansas every Spring. I buy as many Amish and Mennonite Family Cook Books that I can find. There's a booth that has six foot tables filled with cookbooks. I have an amazing collection.
Here's a recipe from The Yoder Centennial Cookbook. I've adapted part of the recipe to make it more current without changing the integrity of the original one.




Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 10 C Bundt Pan brushed well with Pan Release Mix. (equal parts of Crisco, Vegetable Oil and Flour) I start with 1 C of each mixed well and refrigerated in a jar. I always have it available for all of my baking needs.

1 - 10 oz. can of Cherry Pie Filling
1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 tsp Almond Flavoring
2 large Eggs

Here are the instructions as written in the original recipe:

Hand mix the Pie filling and flavoring, add slightly beaten eggs and mix the cake mix (by hand)
until blended.
Fill into a Bundt Pan and bake for 35 to 40 min. at 350 degrees.

Frosting:
1 C Sugar
1/3 C Milk
2 TBS Butter
Mix and boil for 1 minute. Then add:1 C Chocolate Chips.
Spread on cooled cake.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment