Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Chocolate, Coconut , Pecan Pie

We eat a lot of Pie at our house. I know everyone has favorites, and that's plural for a reason. It's difficult to choose one favorite pie. My list starts with Cherry and then it includes: Raisin, Pecan, Pumpkin, Crack Pie, Lemon Chess, and Key Lime. That's not necessarily the order. So, when I discovered this recipe in one of my vintage recipe books, I had to add it to my list of favorites. We serve several pies at Thanksgiving. We make a traditional Pumpkin Pie made from a Pumpkin, Apple Pie, A Traditional Pecan Pie , Chocolate Pie........ and this year I'll add this one to the menu!

Here's what you'll need:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1 - 9" unbaked, pre made pie crust

4 Eggs
1 C Corn Syrup
1/2 C Granulated Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
5 1/3 TBS Butter or 1/3 C Butter, melted
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 C Chocolate Chips. (I use Dark Chocolate)
1 C Coconut
1 C Chopped Pecans

In a bowl:
Eggs
Corn Syrup
Granulated Sugar
Butter
Vanilla
Salt
Whisk well.

Layer the following in the Crust:
Chocolate Chips
Coconut
Pecans
Pour in the Egg mixture.
Bake for 55 minutes.
Remove the pie to a rack and cool completely.
Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment