Saturday, May 14, 2016

Peach Salsa

I live in Texas where we can purchase hundreds of different Salsas. We have stores dedicated to Salsa. It ranges from very mild to so hot that the average person can't even eat it. I have my own Terry's Original Salsa Recipe and I have Terry's Original Instant Salsa Mix, Cranberry Salsa, Cran-Apple Salsa and now I'm adding a recipe for Peach Salsa.
I just added Salsa to Diced Cantaloupe and it's delicious.
You can make it with Mango too. See adaptations below.



2 - 29 oz. cans of Peaches in Syrup, drained and Diced.  (or 3 Ripe Mangos, diced)
1 Large Red Onion, Diced
1 Large Red Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Large Jalapeño, Seeded and Diced.
1/2 C Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1/4 tsp Chile Powder. I use a Chile Powder from Chimayo, New Mexico. (Omit for Mango or add if you like the Spice)
Salt to taste
The Juice of 1 Lime. (or 1/4 C)

In a Medium Mixing Bowl:
Add all ingredients.
Toss well.
Cover and Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Serve with Tortilla Chips.

Enjoy!
Peace in the Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment